|Job #803 - Director of Software Engineering - startup, Cambridge, Java, Scala - great step up!
Software Manager/Director, Functional Programming (Scala, Clojure etc.)
$130,000 - $165,000
Our exclusive client in Cambridge, MA is looking to add a hands-on Director of Software Engineering.
* * *
We ask that applicants be local to the greater Boston, MA area and not require any visa sponsorship.
Visit our website to view more of Boston's Best Software Engineer jobs:
http://www.biviumgroup.com/search.php - Jobs are updated frequently so please check back regularly.
* * *
We are seeking candidates with:
1. Past or present experience in a startup (ideally some earlier stage startup experience, <50 ppl)
2. Strong track record of building high-performing engineering teams (your title is Lead Engineer, Manager, Director OR a Principal/Architect with a leadership component, looking to step 'up'
3. Must be able to commute to Boston (and are currently in the area).
Key Attributes, as revealed by direct hiring manager:
* Person focused in process, release cycle, and team
* Currently doing engineering, devops, or automation work -- not enough to do for full time manager and they need to be able to jump in and get hands dirty - 25% hands-on expectation
* Personality is excited to help others build great products than to be the best engineer themselves
* Be highly active in recruiting and outreach
About 25% hands-on as outlined above Ė current stack is Scala and Java
"This person would allow me to focus more on product research, design, and development; while they'd make sure we have a scalable, reliable, monitored live platform."
Sound interesting? Please get in touch to learn more:
* * *
To learn more - firstname.lastname@example.org
About Me - The Bivium Group: Scott Dunlop on LinkedIn
Iím Bostonís leading software engineer Recruiter/Headhunter (with nearly 100 public LinkedIn recommendations and over 20 years tech experience) - Iím focused exclusively on the Boston Software Engineering market Ė Iím always looking to expand & build strong, long-term relationships with exceptional clients and talent.
keywords - director, scala, java, scott dunlop, bivium group, cambridge, boston, massachusetts, director, scala, java, scott dunlop, bivium group, cambridge, boston, massachusetts, director of software engineering, development manager, lead software engineer